News Ticker
  • Welcome to the Republic of Gaming Website
  • A Place You Can Call Home
  • Make sure to visit our Teamspeak: ts3.rogclan.co.uk
  • Have an idea for a server? Let us know!
  • Have you linked your Steam ID to your account?

Welcome to Republic of Gaming

Guest Image

Welcome to Republic of Gaming, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Republic of Gaming by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Have access to the chatbox.

RRunner

cooking meats

is there a way to add a process for cooking the raw meats that you get from fishing or hunting even if for a small charge per load 

Yep that would be possible. Do you mean that you would process them to make them into just another source of food or more just something you could sell? @RRunner

34 minutes ago, Katt said:

Yep that would be possible. Do you mean that you would process them to make them into just another source of food or more just something you could sell? @RRunner

Both due to the market already having the cooked meats showing for sale 

was just thinking it could just be a way for civs to make money faster for those expensive training courses 

@Katt

Posted (edited)

I like the idea. It would just be a processor taking raw meat and giving cooked meat. This could be greatly enhanced by my "Animal Tracking" script which is released for public use and can be found in the link below:

https://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/1965-tutorial-animal-tracking-for-hunting/

In that case you might want to increase the number of animals in the hunting ground. If you want to do that, please ask me as I had implemented it in a server I used to have.

Finally, the same cooking feature could also be applied for fish too, maybe with 2-3 fish processors spread on the island at coastal area. I believe one should be in Kavala and one near Pyrgos. You then decide if you want another one, maybe to the north as there is boat shop there too. The meat processor could be a single one near the hunting ground or on the way to Kavala. Now, economy wise, you might be into realism issues as it concerns the prices. I think a tune is pretty expensive as a raw fish but not that much as a cooked meal, as far as I can remember. You might want to move in the logical path of a Tuna could give 4 or 5 cooked meals to maintain a realistic economy where the raw animal portion is not more expensive than the cooked one. This way someone could have the option to sell either raw fish or cooked fish meals.

P.S. Here is the ico_huntingKit.paa icon for my script as it seems it has been removed from the linked forum above.

ico_huntingKit.paa

Edited by Nicko