News Ticker
  • Welcome to the Republic of Gaming Website
  • A Place You Can Call Home
  • Make sure to visit our Teamspeak: ts3.rogclan.co.uk
  • Have an idea for a server? Let us know!
  • Have you linked your Steam ID to your account?

Welcome to Republic of Gaming

Guest Image

Welcome to Republic of Gaming, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Republic of Gaming by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Have access to the chatbox.

Sign in to follow this  
Katt

The end of Altis Life

Hello everyone,

The time has come to end somewhat of an era, at least for us. After many years of hosting on and off, thousands of combined hours of developing, highs and lows and many memories we have decided to close down our Arma 3 Altis Life server for good. There are a few reasons to this decision and the main ones are; firstly the fact that the game mode is dying in general making it very hard for us as a small community to gain any new members and keep the old members who, like us, have already have put in hours upon hours into the game mode. Secondly,  @Pepper and I who have been the lead developers of the Altis server have ran out of motivation to continue putting time into developing the server. Partly again because the game mode is dying as it is, but also because we've been writing code for and managed Altis Life servers for over 2,5 years at this point and sadly don't get any enjoyment out of it anymore. I know I personally made a post about a year ago saying that "I will be the last person to abandon Altis" but even I have realized that sometimes you have to be realistic and move on from things.

I would like to thank everyone who played Altis Life with us and supported the project for so long. We would never have lasted as long as we did without you!

Of course this is a big change for the community since Altis Life has been one, if not even the main game of RoG. We are working on trying to find a replacement and branch out to other games more. Hopefully expanding the community as we go. In other words, this will not be the end of the community.

This decision might come as a surprise to some of you and a few of us might even feel a little bit emotional about it so I would like to end this whole thing with something positive. I'm going to put up another post where you can post old memories, screenshots, video clips or whatever you have from your time playing Altis Life with us. We would love to see what you have and share another laugh together at old positive server memories.

Again, thank you everyone!

/Katt & Pepper

Edit: Link to memories thread

• Sad 3

Thank you both for all the time and effort you put into this great gamemode. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be what we all envisioned, but we still had a great time.

• Like 2